Freshly ground coffee is a uniquely refreshing drink. However, recreating that flavor at home is costly.
Though most coffee grinders, whether electric or manual, are pricey, there are more wallet-friendly yet efficient options.
If you’re interested in finding the perfect grinder that isn’t too expensive, you’re in luck.
Here, we will review the top six coffee grinders under $50 and what to consider when using them.
Table Of Contents
- 6 Best Coffee Grinders Under $50 Review
- Things To Consider Before Buying a Coffee Grinder Under $50
- FAQs About Coffee Grinder
6 Best Coffee Grinders Under $50 Review
When choosing the best coffee grinder, you want one that’s both efficient and effective in producing delicious coffee.
Below, we’ll review our top six best coffee grinders and the features, advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Best Manual Coffee Grinder – JavaPresse Manual Coffee Bean Grinder
- Best Burr Coffee Grinder – Chefman Coffee Grinder Electric Burr Mill
- Best Value Electric Coffee Grinder – Hamilton Beach Electric Coffee Grinder
1. JavaPresse Manual Coffee Bean Grinder
The JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder is ideal if you want to grind your coffee beans by hand.
The best part is that it has a removable hand crank, reducing the chances of noise when in use. It also comes equipped with ceramic burrs, which is beneficial because they last longer than any standard stainless steel burrs do overall.
The number of settings (18 settings) make JavaPresse’s product the best manual coffee grinder under $50.
- Portable, sleek design for travel. This way, if you want to grind coffee beans, you can take them with you to work or on vacation.
- Adjustable selector. It offers 18 customizable grind settings so you can have complete control and precision of your coffee.
- Easy to maneuver
- Sleek and portable design
- Noise reduced when in use
- 18 adjustable grind settings
- Loose ceramic burr
2. Mr. Coffee Automatic Burr Mill Coffee Grinder
Mr. Coffee’s Automatic Coffee Grinder is similar to JavaPresse, but it does have its differences. For instance, it’s automatic instead of being equipped with a hand crank.
Also, the bean hopper and grinding chamber are removable, so you can easily add or remove coffee beans. When cleaning the item, understand that it’s not dishwasher safe.
- Easy to maintain and clean. You can easily wash the removable pieces, such as the bean hopper and grinding chamber, with warm soapy water.
- The bean hopper itself gives you control over the total number of beans in the grinder.
- Adjustable grind size selector. Mr. Coffee’s appliance also has an 18 adjustable grind setting so you can customize your coffee however you please.
- Removable bean hopper
- Easy maintenance
- Dual safety lock equipped
- Not durable
3. Cuisinart Grind Central Coffee Grinder
Cuisinart is another automatic coffee grinder that features 18 grind size settings. Because it’s hands-free, it offers an automatic stop so that you can adjust the consistency of the coffee grounds.
This item contains a powerful motor and stainless steel blades for consistent grinding.
- Removable bean hopper and coffee grinder. You can add about eight ounces of coffee beans.
- Automatic power panel. It features an automatic grind option with just one touch.
- 4-18 cup dial option. This way, you can adjust the quantity of coffee you want.
- 4-18 cup dial option
- 18 grinding size settings
- Removable bean hopper and grind chamber
- Significant maintenance and upkeep
4. Chefman Coffee Grinder Electric Burr Mill
This coffee grinder is ideal if you want a quick, efficient consistency. It has a 110 motor, so it grinds the beans based on your adjustments.
However, it only offers 17 grind setting options in contrast to the others. Chefman’s mill system prevents you from burning the coffee, which results in stronger flavor.
- Burr mill system. It enriches the flavor and quality of your coffee.
- 17 grinding size setting. This feature offers almost the same number of settings as the others do.
- 2.8 ounces bean hopper. The spacious hopper makes 2-12 cups of coffee, making it the best burr coffee grinder under $50.
- 17 grinding size settings
- Easy to maintain
- Fine grinding settings are finicky
5. Hamilton Beach Electric Coffee Grinder
Although it can’t fit a large number of coffee beans, its durability is still practical. It comes equipped with stainless steel burrs in contrast to the others.
Hamilton Beach’s appliance is dishwasher safe, which aids in the cleaning process. Over, this item the best value electric coffee grinder under $50.
- Hidden cord storage reduces clutter in your kitchen.
- Stainless steel blades are perfect for effective and consistent coffee grinding.
- Easy to maintain
- Hidden cord feature
- No adjustable settings
- Minimal cups of coffee amount
6. SHARDOR Electric Burr Coffee Grinder 2.0
This product is another ideal option as it grinds coffee effectively and comes with a bit more features in comparison to the previously mentioned.
SHARDOR’s grinder has a one-button start and automatic finish once the coffee is ready.
- Built-in brush. This feature is to help with cleaning your bean hopper, grinding chamber and inner burr.
- Metallic inner burr helps to prevent overheating when grinding the coffee beans.
- 16 grinding size settings
- Easy to clean
- Minimal cups of coffee
Things To Consider Before Buying a Coffee Grinder Under $50
Now that you have an idea of which coffee grinders to choose from, it’s essential to know the basics of using one before buying.
Manual or Electric
If you buy a manual grinder, you have complete control over how the coffee beans are grounded. However, it can become tiresome. It’s similar to automatic coffee grinders, but they might malfunction.
So, manual or electric coffee grinder? It depends on your needs.
Burr grinders are serrated blades that grind coffee efficiently and strengthen consistency. They are standard blades for grinding, but it’s harder to achieve consistency.
FAQs About Coffee Grinder
Here are common questions about coffee grinders.
Is a cheap coffee grinder worth it?
Yes. It’s just as effective in bringing out flavor and consistency as if it was expensive, but for a fair price.
How much should I spend on a burr grinder?
The amount you spend on a burr grinder is a matter of preference. As long as you research features and compare products, spending a minimum of $30 will get you a dependable grinder.
Do I really need an expensive coffee grinder?
It all depends on the quality of coffee you want. If you wish for high-quality coffee, an expensive grinder is ideal.
There are cheap options for coffee grinders that are effective. With the right hopper capacity and grinding size settings, you can find an amazing product on a budget.
We recommend checking out any of these options, like the Hamilton Beach or JavaPresse, before choosing.
You may like: