We don’t always have access to grocery shops with a large assortment of curry paste.
While you may readily obtain the components for popular curry pastes like red, yellow, and green curry, you may not be able to get massaman or Panang curry paste ingredients in your local store.
You don’t have to worry since this article has the best store-bought Panang Curry Paste and Massaman Curry Paste.
Table Of Contents
- 3 Best Massaman Curry Paste to Buy
- 3 Best Panang Curry Paste to Buy
- Homemade Massaman Curry Paste Recipe
- Homemade Panang Curry Paste Recipe
3 Best Massaman Curry Paste to Buy
1. Mae Ploy Thai Massaman Curry Paste
Massaman Curry is a thick but mild-flavored paste inspired by Persian cuisine.
It results from a creative blending of unusual Thai cuisine spices such as cardamom, cloves, star anise, cinnamon, cumin, nutmeg, and bay leaves with the traditional curry mix of dried chili peppers, coriander, lemongrass, and other ingredients.
Initially employed in Islamic cuisines, you can use it with chicken but not pork.
One characteristic that distinguishes Mae Ploy Thai Massaman Curry Paste from other brands is its saucy and thick paste. Mae Ploy is a brand that makes various items using all-natural components, while other companies may use artificial colors and preservatives.
You may use this product for various cooking techniques, including smoking, boiling, and braising. The so-called “Beef Massaman Curry,” one of the cuisines that fit this Mae Ploy Thai Massaman Curry Paste, is ideal for individuals who like the flavor of sweetness and bitterness.
It may be difficult for you to get it since it is unavailable in your local shop.
- Made entirely of natural ingredients.
- Excellent flavor
2. Maesri Masaman Curry Paste
Suppose you’ve been to Thailand and are craving some excellent Massaman curry! This is one for you. It retains the original depth of taste, and the recipe on the container creates a delectable curry-like dish.
Maesri has made a remarkable effort to bring the best ground spices and recipe mixtures to the masses. Intriguingly, they have various products to choose from and are available in several nations.
Also, the fact that they are found worldwide shows how they make cooking easier in busy cities, on farms, by the sea, and in the mountains, and how they bring the original flavor to the table.
It has soy in its ingredients, which can threaten some health conditions.
- Easily available.
- Original flavor.
- Contains soy.
3. Mike’s Organic. Vegan. Dairy-Free. Sugar Fre Massaman Curry Paste
Mike’s organic Massaman Curry Paste is created with organic lemongrass, galangal, shallots, garlic, and spices and comes in a pouch that is conveniently packed and stored with rice vinegar.
Traditionally, it is cooked with beef or lamb. However, it goes well with chicken or vegetables. Slightly spicy.
Because these Organic Curry Pastes are prepared in Thailand, the ingredients are sourced directly from numerous local Northern Thai Organic Farms.
This curry is simple to make and delicious. It is gluten-free, vegan, palm oil, nut-free, dairy-free, and preservative. The curry paste is packaged in a pouch. Which is a benefit as you do not have to refrigerate it until it is opened.
- It can stay fresh without a refrigerator.
- Organic ingredients
- Quite hot
3 Best Panang Curry Paste to Buy
1. Mae Ploy Panang Curry Paste
Panang Curry is a rich and sweet red curry paste with undertones of nutty spices. It incorporates galangal, coriander, cumin seeds, shrimp paste, dried red chili peppers, kaffir lime zest, and peanuts for maximum spice.
To balance out the flavor, thick coconut milk is generally drizzled on top of the meal. The most common meat combinations for Panang curry are pork and beef.
This Mae Ploy Panang Curry Paste stands out from the competition due to its excellent spiciness.
Some kinds of Panang Curry Paste include preservatives, which give it an artificial flavor. Mae Ploy brand goods often use natural components to ensure the wellness of its customers. This product’s natural ingredients contribute to its delicious taste.
- It includes Panang and peanuts, which are both beneficial.
- High-quality components are used.
- Some individuals may dislike how hot and salty it is.
2. Maesri Thai Panang Curry Paste
If you’re a total Thai junkie who craves authentic Thai curry, your search is ended.
Add some crushed unsalted peanuts (or perhaps a dab of unsalted peanut butter) to a saucepan of simmering coconut milk for an impressively subtle flavor.
The Maesri Brand is a high-quality export product with a rich taste and original flavor in Thailand. The easy and economical 4 ounces can serve six generous servings. Maesri is undoubtedly used as the base for your local Thai restaurant’s Panang curry.
It is as simple to use as any similar product and has a well-balanced flavor. Though developed to make a particular curry style, the ingredient can be utilized in various other ways.
Because this curry flavor has the characteristics of a canned taste, it is recommended to boil the dishes to get rid of the flavor properly.
- Instructions are simple to follow.
- There is no MSG or color.
- There are no preservatives added.
- Canned taste
3. Mike’s Organic. Vegan. Dairy-Free. Sugar Free Panang Curry Paste
This curry paste is gluten and soy-free, and it does not include dairy, shrimp paste, or fish sauce. It is also Keto friendly and sugar-free, and it is Halal-certified.
Mike’s Panang Thai Curry Paste is a delicious combination of shallots, lemongrass, kaffir lime peel, dried red chile, and galangal.
For an authentic and tasty Thai curry, simply boil with coconut milk or coconut cream; you could also add some roasted peanuts or peanut butter.
Making Thai food at home has never been easier or more delicious. Ingredients are sourced from several local Thai organic farms. Simply sauté the paste in a bit of coconut oil, add your preferred protein or vegetables, and simmer with coconut milk or cream.
It is gluten and soy-free so you might find a bit of difference in taste.
- Keto-friendly and sugar-free.
- Halal certified.
- The taste might differ a little.
Homemade Massaman Curry Paste Recipe
If you want to make this paste at your home, you can follow the recipe below:
- 1/4 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 to 2 red chiles
- 1 ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg,
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon paste of shrimp
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 to 3 tablespoons coconut milk
1. Gather your ingredients.
2. In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and process until everything is thoroughly mixed into a thick paste.
3. Keep the curry paste in a tight-fitting glass container until ready to use.
Homemade Panang Curry Paste Recipe
- 10-12 dried red chile peppers
- 4 large green chile, diced
- 1 tablespoon seeds of coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 pieces mace
- 2 cardamom
- 2 shallots, thinly diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons cilantro root, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 5 makrut lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped galangal
- 1 teaspoon paste of shrimp
- 1 teaspoon of salt
1. Cover the red chile peppers with heated water in a bowl. Allow sitting for 10 minutes to rehydrate. Drain.
2. In a large, dry skillet over medium heat, combine the green chile peppers, cumin seeds, mace, coriander seeds, and cardamom. Toast for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Combine the roasted spices and red chile peppers in a mortar and pestle. Combine the shallots, garlic, cilantro root, peppercorns, lemongrass, lime leaves, shrimp paste, galangal, and salt in a mixing bowl. Compound into a coarse paste.
All of the items listed above are excellent choices for an organic curry paste that is all-natural and has the best taste of originality.
These are widely available on Amazon and can be preserved for an extended time. You can purchase the original curry flavors and utilize them however you want.