A meat grinder is one of the best tools for handling wild game meat.
It not only helps you with processing juicy, tender meat, but it is also the perfect tool for making stew, sausages, and especially hamburgers.
It is essential to have a meat grinder, but how do you know which one is ideal for wild game meat?
Here, we will review the basics of wild game, our top 7 best meat grinders, and what to consider when buying one.
What Is Considered Wild Game
Wild game or game meat is a type of animal hunted for food. These animals are not usually found on farms but in the wild, primarily in forests.
The main types of meat for the wild game are usually deer, rabbit, elk, and duck.
Deer is one of the popular hunting options for wild game meat. One of the benefits of cooking and consuming deer is that it has significantly less fat than any store-bought beef that was grain-fed.
Another advantage is that deer meat is known for having more Iron and protein.
Elk is another hunting option. Since it is a part of the venison group, its taste is similar to deer.
It is also rich in Iron and only 13 grams of fat. However, elk meat is said to taste slightly sweeter.
Rabbit is one of the options some hunters avoid, so it is not as popular as deer and elk meat.
Rabbit meat is beneficial for health reasons as it has various vitamins such as Phosphorus, Niacin, Riboflavin, and more.
7 Best Meat Grinders for Wild Game Meat
When using a meat grinder for wild game, choosing one is essential based on efficiency, blade, ease of use, and durability. If you are having trouble selecting a meat grinder, do not worry!
Below, we will review the top 7 best meat grinders for wild game meat.
- Best for Outdoor: Chard FG1000B, 12 Heavy-Duty Electric Food Grinder
- Editor’s Choice: Happybuy Commercial Meat Grinder
- Best Value: STX Turboforce II “Platinum” Electric Meat Grinder
- Best Budget: AAOBOSI 3-IN-1 Sausage Stuffer and Grinder
- Best Reliability: Weston Pro Series Electric Meat Grinder
- Most Powerful: ALTRA Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder
- Best High-End: LEM Products Stainless Steel Meat Grinder
1. Chard FG1000B, 12 Heavy-Duty Electric Food Grinder
The Chard Heavy Duty Meat Grinder is ideal for on-the-go use due to its compact size.
It is significantly cheaper than other meat grinders and, with its 500-watt motor, can cut through large amounts of meat.
- Powerful 500-watt motor
- Processes 6 pounds of meat per minute
- Equipped with built-in cord storage
- Includes a thermal safety reset function
- Has the ability to process 360 pounds of meat per hour
- Practical cord storage and safety features
- Large hopper and food pusher
- Prone to Rust Grinding Plates (Non-stainless Steel)
2. Happybuy Commercial Meat Grinder,550LB/h
Happybuy is ideal for more kitchen prep work than traveling than the Chard model. One of its advantages is that it is made of stainless steel, strengthening its durability.
Even though this option is more expensive than Chard, it is worth it due to its high-quality material and 1,100-watt motor.
- Powerful 1,100-watt motor
- Cuts up to 550 pounds of meat per hour
- Automatic one-button power option
- Equipped with a holding tray for meat
- Powerful motor operation
- Durable material
- Heavy-duty meat grinding function
- Challenging to clean
- Fidgety motor
3. STX Turboforce II “Platinum” Electric Meat Grinder
Compared to the Chard and Happybuy models, the STX Meat Grinder is ideal if you want to cut through the meat faster.
Powered by a 2,000-watt motor, the STX Turboforce comes equipped with an adjustable speed.
- Equipped with a quad air cooling system
- Includes six grinding plates, three S/S blades, three sausage tubes, Kubbe attachment, and two meat claws
- Hands-free operation function option
- Adjustable speed level
- Stainless steel construction
- Adjustable speed level function
- Hands-free operation function
- Challenging to clean
- Loud noise when operated
4. AAOBOSI 3-IN-1 Sausage Stuffer and Grinder
One of the beneficial factors of the AAOBOSI model is that it is easy to maintain, reducing the hassle of cleaning it.
The AAOBOSI has a meat sausage stuffer, mincer, and Kubbe maker.
- 1200-watt motor
- 3-stage spiral rod technology
- Automatic reverse function
- A dual safety switch feature
- Efficient safety functions
- Easy to clean
- Three interchangeable blades
- Not dishwasher safe
- Loud operational noise
5. Weston Pro Series Electric Meat Grinder
The Weston Meat Grinder is ideal for breaking down tough venison meat and bones. Powered by a 1,120-watt motor, it grinds up to 200 pounds of meat per hour.
Another advantage is its forward-reverse feature to break down wild game and bones well.
- 3/4 HP motor
- The rifled head design provides a quick result
- Includes a sausage maker kit
- Engineered for quiet performance
- Easy to maintain
- Efficient grinding for large amounts of wild game
- Various accessories
- May not efficiently break down bones and meat
6. ALTRA Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder
The ALTRA Meat Grinder is cheaper compared to any of the previously mentioned. The sleek, smooth design is stainless steel, but some parts are aluminum alloy.
- 350-watt motor
- Three cutting plates for coarse, medium, and fine grinding
- Three-button function (on/off, reverse, safety lock)
- Hands-free or automatic button feature
- Equipped with a storage box
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to disassemble
- Prone to malfunction
7. LEM Products Stainless Steel Meat Grinder
LEM is synonymous with meat grinding as it specializes in preparing meat for cooking quickly and efficiently. One of its primary features is its comprehensive motor selection feature.
- A power set of motors (0.35 and 1.5 Hp)
- Grinder meat pan
- Efficient grinder strength
- Brushed steel finish
- Efficient grinder speed
- Quiet when operational
Wild Game Meat Grinder Buying Guide
It is essential to choose a functional meat grinder.
You want a wild game grinder that is easy to use and clean. The time spent on maintenance will be less if the machine you select is easy to clean.
Another factor would be to ensure the longevity of the meat grinder you choose.
Reading customer reviews can give great insight into recurring issues and the overall quality of the machine. Looking at what others have to say about the machines will help you find the best value meat grinder for wild game.
If you’re looking for an ideal meat grinder, we believe Happybuy is the one for you. It is durable and can grind up to 550 pounds of meat. It also features a one-button power option and is also equipped with a meat tray.
We hope this guide helps you choose a meat grinder for wild game.