Are you one with a desperate love for feta cheese to add to your salads, stuffed chickens, and other dishes?
Most of the peeps get stuck to picking the best feta cheese when there are many options available in the market.
Stop thinking anymore because you’ve got the solution to your problem after landing on this article.
We’re in front of you with the 7 best feta cheese in the world. Put your hands on these seven options, and you’re going to have the heavenly taste in your dishes.
Let’s get started!
Table Of Contents
- Review of 7 Best Feta Cheese
- 1. Athenos Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 2. 365 by Whole Foods Market, Feta Value, 16 Ounce
- 3. Dietz & Watson Originals Feta Cheese Block
- 4. Treasure Cave, Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 5. Organic Valley Greek Style Organic Feta Cheese Block
- 6. Australian Marinated Feta Cheese by Meredith Dairy
- 7. Athenos Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese with Reduced-Fat
- How to Choose the Best Feta Cheese
Review of 7 Best Feta Cheese
- Best Overall – Athenos Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Runner Up – 365 by Whole Foods Market, Feta Value
- Best Value – Dietz & Watson Originals Feta Cheese Block
1. Athenos Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese
Athenos has always presented top-class products to its customers.
This feta cheese is made with pasteurized part-skim milk, giving your dishes the perfect and authentic Greek flavor.
The 4 oz tub of the crumbled feta cheese gives a tangy flavor to the feta dips, spinach, stuffed chicken, avocado toast, roasted veggies, pies, and grains. Apart from this, it’s the best feta cheese for pasta and salads.
As it’s in the perfect crumbled form, so you won’t need to shred it or cut it into small pieces to add to your foods. These crumbles give you convenience and mess-free kitchen prep.
- It gives a perfect tangy taste
- High versatility
- Crumbles give a mess-free cooking experience
- It might be too dry for some people
- You might need a separate zippered sandwich bag as it might not stay fresh in the package
2. 365 by Whole Foods Market, Feta Value, 16 Ounce
Undoubtedly, 365 by Whole Foods Market is the best feta cheese brand and is considered the pundit in making quality feta cheese. One of its top-class products is the 16-ounce feta value made with all the premium ingredients.
These premium ingredients include cultured pasteurized milk, microbial enzymes, and salt. Plus, it also contains some milk ingredients.
Use this feta cheese on scrambled eggs, homemade pizza, and cheese plates. It will also give the best flavor if you use this cheese on Greek salads.
This package is in the form of an easy to open tub with a weight of 16-ounces.
- It comes in an easy to open tub
- Packaging keeps the cheese fresh
- It can go well with a lot of dishes
- It might not quickly melt
- The taste might be bland
- It might be too dry
3. Dietz & Watson Originals Feta Cheese Block
When plumping for the best block feta cheese, how can we forget the Dietz & Watson Originals 7 oz Feta Cheese Block?
It’s second to none for charcuterie boards, snacking, and entertaining. Here you must know that this cheese is gluten-free, soy-free, trans-fat-free, nitrate-free, and with no MSG. Doubtlessly, it’s low fat and low sodium cheese.
You’ll get 8g of protein and 70 calories per serving. Ingredients used in manufacturing this feta cheese block are pasteurized sheep’s milk, cheese cultures, salt, and enzymes.
It’s not just the best feta cheese for greek salad, but it can surely give a burst of taste when crumbled in sandwiches, fondues, toasted bread, and casseroles.
- Gluten-free, soy-free, trans-fat-free, and with no MSG.
- Low in fat
- Low in sodium
- Some customer reported it tastes like sour cheese
- Short shelf life
4. Treasure Cave, Crumbled Feta Cheese
Treasure Cave’s crumbled feta cheese is the best to get a fresh and tangy flavor in all your Mediterranean dishes.
You can also throw it on grilled chicken and pasta salad, or this can also amaze you with its taste when you jazz up canned spinach with it.
The ingredients include cultured pasteurized milk, enzymes, salt, natamycin, and cellulose. It melts quickly and creates a fantastic dressing or topping on your dishes.
Available in a 6 oz packaged cup with green and a black label.
- It melts easily
- It gives a refreshing flavor
- Highly versatile
- It has a dry texture
- It might be tasteless for some people
5. Organic Valley Greek Style Organic Feta Cheese Block
Organic Valley has proved itself to be the best vegan feta cheese brand. Its greek style organic feta cheese is available in 8-ounce.
It gives a slightly salty and tangy flavor when used in Greek dishes.
High versatility is one of the outstanding features of this cheese. You can add it to homemade pizza, Greek salads, and cheese plates. Or it will also go best when paired with scrambled eggs.
It is made with organic milk from pasture-raised cows. As it’s USDA Certified Organic and Kosher certified, it’s free from GMOs, synthetic hormones, antibiotics, and toxic pesticides.
- It’s free from GMOs
- This cheese is organic and Kosher certified
- You’ll find it free from synthetic hormones
- It might not be smooth enough for some people
- It’s less versatile
6. Australian Marinated Feta Cheese by Meredith Dairy
Next, we have Australian Marinated feta cheese that’s soft goat cheese marinated in garlic and herb-infused oils. These oils include extra virgin olive oil.
This award-winning cheese gives fresh citrus and tangy flavor. Moreover, you’ll find it very popular. It’s considered the best to use in soups, roasted veggies, salads, crusty bread, and sandwiches.
The point that makes this best creamy feta cheese preferable is that it has won more awards than any other Meredith dairy cheese.
Soft and rich cream cheese is made with fresh ingredients that none can doubt about the quality. It’s available in beautiful packaging that is 11 ounces in weight and has six-cheese packs.
- You’ll find its texture is easy to spread
- Easily melts
- Won many awards
- Less creamy
7. Athenos Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese with Reduced-Fat
Athenos has presented top-of-the-range cheese for all feta cheese lovers.
This feta cheese is reduced-fat. And if we compare it with the Athenos traditional feta cheese, this one claims to have ⅓ less fat. And that’s quite amazing.
This best supermarket feta cheese leaves a tangy flavor when used on stuffed chicken dishes, avocado toast, salad topping, and many other dishes. As it is available in the form of crumble, it’s convenient to use and also mess-free for your cooking area.
It has 50 calories per ¼ cup serving and is made with pasteurized part-skim milk.
The package is 5-ounce in weight in the form of an easy to open tub. Once opened, you can reseal it again to restore flavor.
- ⅓ less fat than the traditional feta cheese
- Easy to open tub
- Crumbles are convenient to use
- It need more time to melt
How to Choose the Best Feta Cheese
When picking the feta cheese of the best quality, the flavor is the first thing that needs your attention.
In the second place, always read the taste or the flavor it offers.
After this, check out the versatility of the cheese to know about dishes in which you can use that cheese.
In the fourth place, you must check if it’s soft or not. The cheese you’re going to buy must not be dry. It should be in durable packaging.
Before dropping any feta cheese in your shopping cart, that’s all you must know.
We’ve presented a listing of the “seven best feta cheese in the world.” All of these are matchless in quality and features. It’s now up to you to pick one that you find matchless according to your needs.
Some are block cheese, some are crumbled, and some are the best vegan cheese. Which one is your favorite from all the discussed options?
Let us know about your purchase in the comment section. We’ll be waiting for your response.